Performance appraisal is a process of how well staff perform their duties during a specific period. This process includes assessing needs and setting goals, establishing the objectives, assessing the progress and evaluating the performance.
The most common types of appraisal are:
- straight ranking appraisals.
- management by objective appraisals.
- trait-based appraisals.
- behaviour-based appraisals.
- 360 reviews.
Examples of employee performance evaluation phrases
- Maintained good attendance throughout the year.
- Respectful of their co-workers’ time by arriving at team meetings on time.
- Consistently arrived on time to company-wide meetings and training sessions.